What does it do?
It records all telephone traffic conducted on the telephone handset
or the line to which it is connected.
What is the point of it?
- To resolve disputes
- To back up details taken over the telephone
- To back up agreements made over the telephone
- To support advice given over the telephone
- To protect employees from unwarranted accusations
- To jog ones memory regarding what was said
How does it work?
It connects to a telephone either via the telephone line, or if necessary
via the handset cord. It starts recording immediately, storing each
call individually on its hard disk.
Why should I record?
If you don't, when you need it, it is too late.
- Date, time stamp and call serial number for each call record.
- Secure software to prevent the erasure of recorded conversations.
- All calls are recorded automatically unless selective deletion is
- Records mains power breaks to identify unauthorized disconnection
- Unique pin code for each user for instances when the telephone is
shared, or for a single user when access to information is considered
- In-built USB port to facilitate software updates via a PC link.
- The resilience of the VoiceBox 2000 for single telephone line monitoring
- Equipped with an audio port to download selected recordings to another
- Software updates may be supplied on a CD or downloaded from the Kestrel
website by the user.
- Optional software to allow the transfer of call logging data, call
register data and recorded voice onto a PC via the USB port.
- Optional user recorded announcement, informing the other party that
the call is being recorded.
- Activated automatically for each incoming call, or by the press of
the star button on the VoiceBox keypad after the call is connected for
outgoing and incoming calls.
- Very high quality of recording is achieved via 96 K-bit sampling.
- Activated by lifting up the telephone handset or by voice.
- Records date/time and call serial number for each call.
- Stores the number dialed, or the incoming caller number (if CLI is
- Stores call logging data for each call.
- Records incoming unanswered calls.*
Playback recorded conversations by selecting any of the following:
- Call type. (e.g. incoming, outgoing, unanswered)
- Call serial number.
- Caller line identity.*
- Dialled number.*
- Latest recorded call.
*Only available on normal analogue telephone lines.
If VoiceBox 2000 is connected via the handset of a digital private exchange,
this information is not available. Programmable main and secondary numbers
available as a ten button option.